Search This Blog

Monday 11 June 2012

A Not Your Ordinary Marriage Proposal l A Fiction

Mateo & Sabrina
Autumn: In the Park

Sabrina: Mateo (calling out for Mateo, while crying), babe, I-uh heard, you are now with somebody new. Please tell me, like now, that you love me. And, I promise you, I’ll totally forget all these mess. 




Mateo: (getting closer to Sabrina) Sorry, but I’m getting married. 




Sabrina: (kneeled, shocked, crying) A-a-all-rightt, I’m setting you free even if it hurts me so bad right now (right hand on top of her heart).   




Mateo: I’m getting married, that is, if you’ll say “yes” to me. I love you more than anything in this world. Sabrina (kneeling down, touching her chin, making her look at him straight in the eye), will you marry me?  




Sabrina: (looking at Mateo, confusedly) But, your mother called me 10 minutes ago and said, you’re getting married today to a girl named, Jennifer. What exactly is happening? Tell me.


Mateo: (chuckling) (almost whispering) Baby, I don’t know if you are trying to change the topic, 1 second ago, I was asking you, and me still kneeling and waiting, “will you marry me”?




Sabrina: What if I say, “no”? What if I say, “yes”?




Mateo: (chuckling) I love you for always outsmarting me, I feel like always the “under”. There is no benefit if you’ll say, “no”. While, a “yes” means a lot of workaround to do, you changing last name to mine, will be the mother of my child, my prosecutor, “secret stuff” partner and best friend. See, I almost run out of oxygen just by enumerating all the wellness and goodness of being Mrs. Tam.




Sabrina: (flashes a smile, coming near to Mateo) Mateo, now that I am 1 step closer to you. Call me hypocrite but I don’t care about the real score benefits. All I want is you, in my side forever till we get old. When we go 2 steps in the future, I see how we plant all those bright, colourful flowers, bake oatmeal cookies, and play with our beautiful grandchildren.



Now (pointing to Mateo’s heart) that I’m telling you, I’m going to marry you because I want to, to continue painting my life with you forever, I love you. 


Why do think Mateo's mum called Sabrina, to tell her, his son is about to marry Jennifer? Let me know what you guys think?
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment